Friday 13 April 2012

Another day of two halves!

It's farewell at Kitale
I thought there would be little to write about as Thursday was to be the day for packing up and leaving Kitale.  Not much news there then.

In fact, the first part of the day, once again, turned out to be the good part - relatively speaking.   It involved packing my case, leaving a few things for Rachel, discussing a few outstanding school/charity matters with Josphat and generally not doing a great deal.

The latter part of the day again gave us a few problems.  We have been caught out by the vagaries of the FLY540 service to Nairobi in the past so I had rung in the morning to make sure there weren’t any changes in the flight time.  I had also asked Josphat to get me to the airstrip in good time.

The twenty-one seater
We arrived just in time to see the plane come in on it’s way to Lodwar and I was satisfied that we had ample time before the return journey to Nairobi via Kitale, an hour later.  During the next two and a half there were various announcements about the late arrival of the plane, the non arrival of the plane, due to lightning and eventually the fact that the plane had gone directly to Eldoret, where it was waiting for us.  After another hour or so, shuttle buses arrived to pick us up for the a two hour plus drive to Eldoret, where we boarded a twenty-one seater five hours later than scheduled.

Good job my flight to the UK  isn’t until tomorrow!

Cory (Josphat’s daughter) met me at the airport and we are now at her flat where I’m staying the night.


I wrote this late last night but couldn't get an Internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment