Friday 13 April 2012

Last Day in Nairobi

Cory, Gitahi, Colin & Sween
I'm trying to get this done quickly as I'm sitting in Nairobi airport with about an hour to go before boarding.  Trouble is, there's no power point to connect to and the battery on the laptop is a little suspect.

Had a good day in Nairobi with Cory:
  • Went to the Kenya National Library to ask about possible courses for Lucas so he can upgrade his skills, and met a very helpful lady who was happy to give me the information I needed.
  • Bought a wedding present for Cory;
  • Met Cory's fiance for the first time - a lovely young man;
  • Bought lunch for them and Sween and Colin - children of other friends in Nairobi - who bought me a lovely traditional bag;
  • Bought more souvenirs!

At the cafeteria here, bought what looked to be a lovely almond croissant.  It turned out to be like a rock cake and gave the taste buds no pleasure at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment